Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Websites

I (Jeff) have been working this month on a lot of things for the international school. I finally got around to editing the videos from things like the Christmas play. I edited video from 3 different events and uploaded them to youtube. Then I put them up on the Internationalschoolofcarpina.com website.

I am still a novice when it comes to web design so these last few months working on two different websites has been a challenge. I feel like I am learning a lot about CSS and sadly a lot about how terrible Internet Explorer is. Please please use Mozilla Firefox. It is so much better and powerful. Even after making two websites I am not so sure I like doing it. Mainly because I like designing from a visual aspect but it is better to do things from just code. Anyway, the other website I designed with Roberto's help is www.engenho-verde.com. There is an English version of it, you just have to click on the US flag at the top left.

So, I was reviewing the WRIBrazil.com website. Which is the official ministry website. I am going to redesign it. Mainly because I didn't design it and would like a crack at doing that. So, if you have any suggestions let me know in the comments.

I few things that I know will improve the site:
1. Have a RSS stream of the blog site on the homepage
2. Simply the links
3. Have a non blocky design.

No comments: