Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunday = Full

From Reunitaria 2010

Sundays are a little bit busier these days. I have wanted to start teaching a technology class for adults for a while now and it looks like it will finally happen. I really enjoy helping out at our church in Lagoa de Itaenga and of course I enjoy being around Pastor Ricardo. We are already doing an English class on Sunday afternoons at the church and now I will be teaching a technology class, starting with Photoshop, right before the English class. So, from 1-5 we will be ministering in Lagoa de Itaenga. Then, it’s back to Lagoa for the service at 7. Ricardo is talking about starting a Portuguese class for us during that 5-7 time slot before church. It seems like a busy Sunday schedule, but I think it will be fun.
I am also in the process of raising money to purchase a Power Point type program called ProPresenter. I am always looking for new ways to be professional and improve the technology in the churches. This ProPresenter program was designed by North Point Community Church and lets you use videos for the backgrounds of the slides. It also has easy Bible verse lookup and count down timers. I have never seen anything quite like the professional style of software for the worship time here in Brazil. I will start using the software at our church first. Then after I learn the program we will train all the other community churches here that have a computer and projector. The site license upgrade is about $450 which is enough to cover all the churches here. Please consider giving toward the purchase of this software.

Please go to: http://tinyurl.com/2c428l8 to donate online for the purchase of ProPresenter.

No comments: